Israel Education: Myth or Reality
Last Updated on Saturday, 5 December 2009 12:11 Written by bryfy Sunday, 8 November 2009 09:28
Teaching about Israel is not as simple as it might first appear. One of the first issues that all educators need to consider is which Israel they want to portray – a mythical image or a realistic one.
On one hand you don’t want to fill people with mythical images of the country that once used to be. Believe me I have seen many activities even today that ask children to pick oranges, make sheep out of cotton wool and milk plastic gloves that barely resemble cows – all in the name of re-creating a classical Israel.Learn More
- Tinkering With Tomorrow - The Fifth Child on Evolution or Revolution?
- Hilda on Hu Medaber Ivrit – The Kid Speaks Hebrew
- Lauren on Hu Medaber Ivrit – The Kid Speaks Hebrew
- Benji Lovitt on The only conversation that matters…
- An Open Letter to Jewish Campus Professionals and Educators on The only conversation that matters…